In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Thursday, July 3, 2008

Meanness will NOT win

There is nothing like getting kicked when I'm already down. If you have read any of my previous posts, then you know I have been going through some touch times lately. Someone I love and care for has been the cause of much hurt and heart ache in my life. I have taken my share of sucker punches in my past but when it comes from someone I love, it seems to sting a little bit more. This time it has knocked me to the ground.

When someone you love makes choices to hurt themselves, it is hard enough to handle...I have to continuously let go...but when those choices affect the children involved, it is another story. I have given up the last 2 years of my life...changed it completely to protect and love. This is a choice I made willingly and a choice I do NOT regret. I just did not know that this person would intentionally hurt me in the process...and continuously so. I thought in time it would get better...easier to handle...it's not.

I do not understand meanness...intentional meanness for no reason whatsoever is absurd to me. It is like a foreign language to me...it is not part of my nature. No matter how much I try to understand, I just don't get it. I try to suck it up...pretend that this doesn't hurt me and you know most of the time I am pretty damn good at it but there are times I just have had enough. This is one of those times.

I will catch my breath. I will get back up...maybe not today or tomorrow but I WILL get back up. I will NEVER stop fighting for the rights of my two little people to have a normal, loving, happy, safe and sane life. I will never stop giving this to them, as long as I am given the rights to. As long as I am doing this, I will have to deal with this person hurting me. I am stronger and bigger than this. I have to be...if I'm not, I have everything to lose.

2 comments:

Angel said...

you WILL catch your breath and you WILL caatch up....mean people...I just don't get it. To be INTENTIONALY mean to someone...how can you do that??!!

happy 4th to you....and I DO hope it's a happy one. enjoy the fireworks witht the little ones.

Patty Kennelly said...

While you can never control the actions, reactions or behavior of another - you can control your own. You can only continue to be the loving, compassionate woman you are while protecting yourself (perhaps spiritually) from the meanness. See if there is someplace where you can be responsible - and then, just be compassionate that this person is hurting so much inside that (s)he needs to lash out. And don't confuse compassion with being taken advantage of. You are allowed to be ruthless in your compassion and draw whatever line you need to.

Try to keep your heart open, for it is through love that you will heal.

Thank you for your contribution to my life.

Blessings,
Patty