In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Friday, July 11, 2008

Bracing for goodbye

I am bracing myself for my daughters departure early tomorrow morning...the dreaded goodbye. Her car is already packed up and today she will work all day and evening. I know that I will see her again when I bring her son to her the first weekend in August. Keeping her 1 year old son for a couple of weeks will not only help her get settled without him getting into everything, but it will allow my other daughter, his auntie, to see him when she comes home for a visit in 11 days.(I am counting down the days since I haven't seen her in over a year.) She hasn't seen him since he was a month old so she is looking forward to spending some time with her nephew. Plus I get to spend these extra days with him before he is gone for good.

I hate goodbyes...especially with my children and grandchildren. I really am happy for her and her new adventure. I don't have a doubt that she will meet people and develop friends quickly because that is who she is. In her field of work, which is working with mentally disabled people, she has met some wonderful giving people. Since she has worked in this line of work she has grown as a person and I have seen her heart grow even more. She is going to be working in a home with high functioning teenagers which I think she will do great at and the fact that she is younger and closer to their age, will help her relate to them and them to her.

Spending all day alone with a 1, an almost 2, and a 3 year old can get long and monotonous...and very noisy to say the least. As much as I would love to crawl into my bed and pull the covers over my head and sleep these feelings away, I can't. I have 3 little people that want or I should say demand my attention CONSTANTLY. To get a little break right now I have banned them to their rooms to play with all those damn toys they have...I can hear the toys being dumped out and know without a doubt the mess we will be cleaning up eventually. Such is life around here...on the bright side they will keep my mind off my aching heart...at least a little bit!

1 comment:

Kristen Andrews said...

oh my 3 little people! You are a brave woman! My kiddo keeps me on my toes!