In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Interuptions of a 3 year old!

Well people our lives are continuing to be interrupted by the testings of 3 year old little man. On Sunday, I had to leave first thing in the morning to go help a friend with her daughters graduation party and little man wanted to come with me. Of course he had to stay home and would be coming later which I talked to him about.

Little man had a hay day while I was away...what started out as not listening and talking back and whining/crying to get his way and teasing his little sister and cousin and making them cry...and having tantrums and biting grandpa/daddy in the chest, thus being sent to his room to play by himself turned into quite a mess.

Apparently it got pretty quiet in there so J-man(my youngest son) went to check on him...opened his door to find that little man had ripped up all his diapers and wipes so J-man hollered to my husband that he might want to come in there...husband went in there of course...the first thing he noticed is that the windows are open and that the screens are missing...and after looking around the room notices that his bedding is also missing along with some of his toys...

If you haven't guessed it already, little man had pushed out the screens of his windows and had thrown everything out his windows...yep, it was all laying on the ground outside. My husband and J-man were totally dumb founded. What makes a child do something like this? I have spent the last 18 years trying to figure this out since J-man did things along this line when he was young...I barely survived him...no seriously, he pushed me to my limits on a daily basis, just as I am being pushed every day by little man.

Yesterday, I had a good talk with him about his behavior on Sunday. I made it clear that on no uncertain terms that if he ever does that again, that he would be the one cleaning up the mess and that he would lose everything that he threw out...that it would go in a box and be put away in the garage.

We do not need interruptions like these...not this week with all that we have to do in preparing for J-mans graduation party....or any other week for that matter. What possesses one child to behave in this manner and others to not is beyond me. I should know the answer to this since I have already raised one child like this and have taken care of many children through my childcare years and yes some pushed the limits constantly just as little man...but I don't. Every day is an adventure with a child...and a child like this make life that much more...interesting.

Once again...this is a test...I will pass...I think I will pass...I hope I will pass.

No comments: