In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lessons

Lessons of the week...

Getting 3 children to look at the camera, smile and keep their hands off their faces(meaning, out of their noses and mouths!), all at the same time is something to celebrate! There might have been some bribery involved.


I'm still not too old to play on the top bunk of the bunk bed with my 3 little loves. We played, danced and laughed our hearts out yesterday. I had the time of my life...I think they did too.


Letting go doesn't get easier...my heart is aching for these two...my arms are aching to hold him one more time...to kiss those cheeks one more time...to see the way his eye's light up at the sight of me...one more time.



...but, one more time, will never be enough.
Lesson learned...laugh, love and live life to the fullest, every chance you get, with those that share your days.



17 comments:

Smart Mouth Broad said...

It's so hard to let go. But so great that you had that fabulous day to hang on to until you can see them again.

SciFi Dad said...

SciFi Dad's Lesson: holy crap your daughter looks like you!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. Aren't they the cutest little things. I seriously can not get over how young you look! Such a great thing : ).

Anonymous said...

I loved these pictures so much!!!!

How about I send you our oldest and then you can have more people in your house. JUST KIDDING!

You do look too young to be the grandma.

Anonymous said...

Your grandkids are adorable! YOU have a GREAT smile!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Just beautiful...your words and the pictures. Love those babies...so sweet.
Yes, you are a gorgeous Grandma!!!

I Am Woody said...

Laughter thru tears is the best emotion! - from Steel Magnolias.

Anonymous said...

Those are just about the cutest darned pictures I've ever seen!!! And yep...your daughter looks just like you!!!

twyla myrin said...

Great pictures.
Lunch with you and Brittany was great. i love you two so much!

Kathryn Magendie said...

I had to laugh at you comment about the children and taking photographs - I'm 51 and I am as bad or worse than those children when it comes to having my photo taken *laughing*

They are adorable!

gram said...

very nice pictures! the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil was great, i'll have to remember that one when i take pictures of some of my grand kids, great idea!! yes your daughter has alot of your same features, very pretty girl. and very pretty mom to boot! is she going to be living close to your son? have a great weekend! once again, loved the pictures!!

Michael Horvath said...

Today hasn't been so great. I needed to see these great pics of the kids today. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy and full of life. *hugs*

Smart Mouth Broad said...

You have an award waiting for you at my site. Congrats!

Brittany said...

It was such a fun day with you mom. I am so blessed to have you in my life! Leaving was so hard, and as I walked away from you at the airport my heart broke. I am so glad that we had such a wonderful last day together. I know that you made the kids day dancing with them, but you also made mine. I loved every minute of it!

Stepping said...

Beautiful, beautiful picture of you and your daughter. Your grandson has those lovely rosy cheeks that my granddaughter has. Thinking about you today.

Anonymous said...

adorable little ones...the time will go fast, and then before you knpw it, you'll get to cuddle them again...

thanks for sharing...