In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Friday, January 22, 2010

Finding My Happy In Football

Thank God it’s finally Friday. Seriously, it’s been a week.

As if dealing with the behavior challenges in our home as of late wasn’t enough  the mother of the woman I am a PCA for had a stroke, so she came back from her month long trip, a good 3 weeks early. On the same day that  I found out that she was coming back home, I had to tell her that her almost 10 year old dog had died after a couple months of fighting cancer. This did not make me happy.

This meant I went back to work this week. This did not make the little’s happy in the least as they quite enjoyed our time at home last week. I was happy to see her and I am happy that I can be here for her. I am happy for the friendship she brings to my life.

Like I said, it’s Friday which of course means Happy Hour at Otin’s and RxBambi’s. And that means finding something to be happy about.

Collages

Time to find my happy

On the top of my list is knowing that some of the orphans in Haiti have went home to their families.How can knowing that a little child has been reunited with his/her new Mommy & Daddy, that has been waiting for him/her, not make you happy? Some have been waiting for over 2 years to be united. Talk about happiness!

As much as I still cry for those in Haiti, I am happy about the good, I have heard from people over there. I am happy that the angels that are the heart, feet and hands of God, keep on fighting for the lives of so many little one’s.

I am happy that when I wrote about my humanness in a post this week, not one of you judged me and instead showed me love & encouragement. Thank you.

If you don’t already know, I am from Minnesota and I love football. Which mean I love the Gophers & the Vikings.

I love football. And if you remember, this last fall, little lady fell in love with the game herself. And this makes me very happy!

CIMG0133

We call Saturday’s Gopher Day. I am happy about their new outdoor stadium and hope we will get to a game next season.

We call Sunday’s or any day the Vikings play, Vikings day. Football day makes me happy period.

CIMG0045-3

Playing football makes me happy. Before I got injured, my favorite thing to play was football. Even playing football in the snow is a blast. Nothing like playing tackle football in the snow, while it’s snowing. Just thinking about this makes me happy.

It’s suppose to snow this weekend…just maybe we will have to go play some football in the snow. That would make me happy.

Football & the Vikings make me happy.

So much so that we even play with a football with Vikings on it…

CIMG0057-1We actually have a Gopher football & a football from the high school that both my son’s played for and all my kids graduated from, also.

We make yummy food like hot wings, stuffed hot jalapeño poppers, hot red pepper & sundried tomato hummus, guacamole, fresh veggies, bloody Mary’s…ect. Just thinking about this food makes me happy.

Eating this yummy food makes me happy but making the food with my husband and the little’s for football Sunday makes me even happier.

Vikings day would not be complete for the little’s without cheeto’s. Just seeing their…

CIMG0046-2

makes me happy.

Hearing them cheer makes me happy.

Of course it makes me happy when the Vikings win. But, I will admit that just watching a good football game makes me happy.

Good food & drink while watching football with people I love makes me happy.

When we beat the Cowboys last Sunday, I was very happy.

What am I saying? I was ecstatic!

I am happy that the Vikings are playing on Sunday.

I am happy that we get to cheer for another game! Look out New Orleans! Look out Sharper!

CIMG0044-4

I hope that we win and make it to the Super Bowl. Now that would really make me happy.

On Wednesday, when we went to Goodwill, we found 2 kids Vikings Jerseys that are in great shape for $3. 99. I was so happy. Little lady was even happier…even though it’s purple and not pink.

I told her purple is better anyways.

Little man already has a jersey but little lady doesn’t. Last fall when little man picked his out with his birthday money, he was so happy. Little lady had a chance to buy a pink jersey with her birthday money but instead she insisted on princess pj’s. A week later, when little man put his jersey on for the Vikings first game, she cried. She wished she had gotten one.

At Christmas time, we tried to find one with some Christmas money she had. We tried to find one for her and my grandson, Aidyn. But, by this time all the stores are sold out.

So, finding the 2 Vikings jerseys the other day, made our day… Little lady spotted them first. She screamed “I see Vikings jerseys!” When I took them off the rack, she took them from me and hugged them and said “One for me and one for Aidyn!” Her joy made me so happy.

First thing yesterday morning, I mailed my grandson his jersey and paid extra so that he will get it in time for Sunday’s big game. It makes me happy that I was able to do this. I hope it makes him happy to get a special package from Grandma.

If you don’t know already, I am very excited about the games on Sunday.

I will be ecstatic if we win and make it to the Super Bowl but even if we don’t, I will still love my Vikings.

Have I told you how happy I am to watch my Vikings play football on Sunday against the Saints?

Minnesota Vikings Fight Song

Skol, Vikings!
Let's win this game.
Skol, Vikings!
Honor your name.

Go get that first down,
then get a touchdown.
Rock 'em... Sock 'em...
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Skol, Vikings!
Run out the score;
You'll hear us yell for more.
V-I-K-I-N-G-S!
Skol, Vikings, let's go!

Look out Saints, here we come!

What are you happy about? Can you find your happy?

What would really make me happy, is each one of you finding your happy.

Cheers! Skol!

100_2035

Happy weekend ya’ll!

Love & Hugs, Lori

16 comments:

Jan said...

You know I think you're marvelous, even if you ARE a Vikings fan! LOL

Love,

Jan, a disappointed Cowboys fan

CiCi said...

I am happy for your happy. One of the things I really treasure about the blog world is our differences as well as similarities. Hubby and do not have TV. I haven't watched TV in 4 1/2 years. But the cool thing is that I can understand your excitement about your family food fest and game days. It does make me happy for you.
Enjoy your wonderful day and when you are chomping into one of the wings, send a smile my way.

mommytoalot said...

A football fan huh. Wow, love love love your enthusiasm for the game. Love that the littles also enjoy it and therefore it's a family affair. That's pretty awesome. I can just picture you all enjoying good food, great people and cheering , that makes me happy. Reading your happy posts, always always puts a smile on my face, but those two little cheeto smiles...the best!!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
I don't know a thing about football. So go Vikings go!!
I know my brother likes football he watches every week...but i for the life of me can't even remember what team...that's how much I don't know about football. lol

Anonymous said...

GO VIKINGS!!!!

Brian Miller said...

hope you and the littles have a great VIKING weekend!

Unspoken said...

How I wish football would make me happy :)!! Truly wish I GOT the game. I need Football for Dummies.

Your Little's faces make me Happy! DARLING!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love that you found those jerseys! That is so cool. What a special blessing. I know your grandson is going to be so excited about his package!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Just Be Real said...

Lori, enjoyed reading your 'happy' post. One day I too will share my 'happys.' Blessings.

Stacy Uncorked said...

So wait...you like the VIKINGS, right? ;)

Very cool you were able to find the Jersey's so the Little Lady could wear one on Sunday, too! :)

Sounds like you guys do football Sunday's up right! :)

SciFi Dad said...

As a Lions fan I am of two minds: on principle I want the Vikes to go down but knowing what will happen in GB if Favre brings you the SB leaves me torn.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love that you find the 'happy' in even the most 'normal' of occurances. Your littles are adorable..so sweet. I too am trying to find the happy in this Haiti tradgedy.
Hugs to you...
Suz

Mike said...

Does someone like the Vikings? I don't know why I would think so?

It is so great to see people helping those in Haiti the way that they are! That makes me happy!

I am glad that you are keeping up with Happy Hour Friday!

Tess said...

Very cute photos!

Garnetrose said...

I love my Steelers and their black and gold so I understand your love for the Vikings. I am torn as to who I want to win though. The Saints have never been there and my friend is a Saints fan. I told her I would root for the Saints but my heart hopes Bret makes it and sticks it too the Packers for giving up on him. *s*

My youngest and I enjoyed Sundays rooting for the Steelers in the winter and rooting for our favorite driver in the nascar races during the summer. I miss those times. Enjoy the little things that make you and the little ones happy. *s*

Midnitefyrfly said...

You have an award over at my blog!