In our family...

In our family....we do second chances...we do grace...we do real...we do mistakes...we do I'm sorry (and I forgive you)...we do loud really well...we do hugs...we do family...we do love.















Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Today is a hot coffee and hot chocolate kind of Minnesota day. It started snowing yesterday morning which made my drive home from work a slow one. It snowed all night and started blowing so schools are closed and since my drive to work is through the country side and the visibility and roads aren’t good, I am home today. Lucky me.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

The little’s were thrilled.

 I threw together a stew and cleaned house, while the little’s played house & school all morning long. I listened to them playing and repeating things they hear and by golly they imitate us pretty darn good.

I was cooking in the kitchen when they came knocking at my pretend door looking like this…CIMG0049 CIMG0051

 

“Could we borrow a can of beer?” they asked excitedly. “A beer?” I asked. To which they said, “We’re not old enough to buy beer at the liquor store and we need a beer for the chili we’re making.”

Silly little’s. They really do pay attention to when I am cooking in the kitchen.

Please note the wig on little man’s head. He loves wearing it so much that he decided to sneak it to school last week.  When I found it in his backpack he confessed to taking it and wearing it at school because he wanted all of his friends and his teacher to see him with it on. Makes perfect sense to me. :) I asked him what his teacher said to him and he said she couldn’t stop laughing and then she made him put it back in his backpack.

Please note the desk and paint that were left in the middle of the living room by my daughter. Any guesses to how many times they asked if they could paint the desk this morning? Any guesses to how many times I caught them investigating the paint?

Speaking of little man…he proudly announced last night, that he had been given the “golden dustpan award” at school for keeping his classroom clean. Which doesn’t really surprise us since he likes cleaning and has not lost his love for vacuum's. I told my husband that just maybe little man’s dream of being a janitor someday will come true after all. My husband didn’t find this very funny. The reason he wants to be a janitor is because he thinks their vacuums are really really cool.

Finally, just before lunch I set the kids loose outside(all bundled up of course) and they actually got some of the driveway and side walk shoveled. They each have their own shovel and are still young enough to think it’s fun to shovel.

CIMG0052 CIMG0053

It has continued to snow off and on all day and the wind is still howling outside. To think this is just the beginning of the season. I would go into hibernation…but then I would miss out on all the fun of  building snowmen, sledding and throwing snowballs at my kids and husband.

I look outside and it is snowing again. I might just need to add a little something to my hot chocolate when I come back inside from doing a little shoveling.

Oh the joys of living in the middle of a winter wonderland and life with the little’s.

Anyone up for a good snowball fight?

I’ll have the hot chocolate ready.

Until next time, hugs and love, Lori

19 comments:

I Am Woody said...

I think vacuums are pretty awesome too...as long as someone else will run them;) Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I love that wig! He looks so cute with it on. :) It's so adorable that they love to dress up.

I'm going to guess that you caught them investigating the paint no less than 7 times. (I would!)

We still look like late fall here, with rain and wind and brown leaves strewn about.
I recommend a nice hot toddy after shoveling snow. :)

Hilary said...

They are just so adorable. He's such a little cutie in that wig! Too funny. Enjoy the season. Ours is much like KC described but our time will come.

Garnetrose said...

This post made me smile. :)

Natalie said...

I love your posts, Lori. ♥

Buckeroomama said...

All those things that we think of as chores are fun for little kids --until they have to start doing it for real! :) I remember nagging my mom to let me wash the dishes and then hating having to do it as my "chore." :)

Brian Miller said...

haha what adorable pics...and the vacuum is a great toy..i mean tool...lol.

Zella said...

Lovely pictures ! The Littles are so cute. Tons of snow here too and like yourself, I would gladly hibernate until April :)

Sueann said...

Oh I have my mittens on and I am ready to do battle. I want some of the doctored hot chocolate too!! Ha!
Great pics...the littles are having a blast!!
That wig is so funny and that he loves to wear it...so cute!!
And janitors are very important people. Without them, buildings would be in such a state. Oh my! I just couldn't imagine!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Laura said...

Lori they are so cute! What a delight and a blessing to have them in your life to remind you how much fun it is to play and be curious and just simply be!

Jeannie said...

So cute!

Actually, school janitors here make very good money! Union!!!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Adorable. A snowball fight sounds good to me. I'm in!

Anonymous said...

Little Man? Is going to make some lucky woman a WONDERFUL husband some day.

Jan

Mommy Emily said...

they are so cute, lori!!!

Just Be Real said...

Precious pictures Lori, thank you for sharing. That wig is something else! Blessings......

Joanna Jenkins said...

That wig is a riot! Godson when through a "Groucho" Marx" moustache phase-- That went over well at school :-)

Stay warm! xo jj

SciFi Dad said...

Wow. I cannot believe how much snow you have while we have NONE (and I'm in Canada mind you). I'm glad you enjoy it; snow for me has become a delay to work (shoveling and traffic) and not much else. I mean, my kids like to play in it, but I have a hard time remembering that when my back is aching and I'm late for work.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those kids are so darn special!!! I love them.
Enjoy your winter wonderland...I know you will.
xoxo

Claudya Martinez said...

The littles are wonderful! I love the "costumes" and wig.